Sunday, June 25, 2017

17 weeks

how far along? 17 weeks

how are you measuring? Won't know again until 7/7 - anatomy scan
size of baby? Pear (is that really bigger than last week? I'm suspicious of some of these fruit!)
heartbeat?  148 bpm at 12w
total weight gain/loss? +8 at 126
maternity clothes? Oh yeah. There's no sucking it in anymore, not even in the morning. Even when I lay down, it's clear that someone is growing in there, which makes me happy.
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep?  Ok. Up for peeing. Constant, weird dreams. 
movement? Yes!! I mostly feel it when I'm still, but I'm sure I'm feeling her. 
food cravings? Nope, although I'm thrilled to say that I'm back to eating more whole foods - salads, legumes, fish. It doesn't always stay down, but I seem to have dropped to only vomiting once a week, and if I can get anything other than processed carbs in, I'm thrilled!
gender predictions? Still a girl. 
what i miss? I've felt icky enough this week I didn't even miss wine and sushi. Is that a win or a loss? 
what i'm looking forward to? Just hoping to hear a healthy heartbeat at my appointment on Thursday. 
how are you feeling? I'm having brief moments without soul-crushing nausea, but only brief moments. I'm still puking occasionally, and retching in the afternoons. Can I dare to hope that the nausea-free moments will increase and the puking will keep decreasing? 
comparisons to last pregnancy? This was the week that Zoe's water broke. Friday will mark the gestational age when I went into labor. I find myself thinking a lot about what life would have been like if they'd made it closer to term. We'd have 3 month twins now. It's tough. I miss them. I love you, baby girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment