Monday, December 4, 2017

Microblog Mondays: Balance

Welcome to Microblog Mondays! Want to learn more and read more? Head over to Stirrup Queens for the details!


With the possibility of a new cycle coming up in a week or so, I'm left with the age-old question IF'ers face: How to balance optimism with pain avoidance?

Optimism: I believe it's important to stay optimistic and have faith that this cycle can work. Do I think you can't get pregnant without optimism? Heck no! But I do know that the mind and the body are linked, so I figure it can't hurt if my mind thinks that my body will get pregnant!

Pain avoidance: The chances of this cycle working are incredibly small. The chances of cancellation are much higher. If I never get my hopes up that it might work, then I'll never have to experience the pain of having those hopes dashed if it doesn't.

Oh wise internet, how do you balance these?

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea. Usually Hubby and I aim for 'cautious optimism'. Realistically, that means we veer through the optimism and pain avoidance strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still struggling with this. But one thing I was told years ago that still reigns true: if you steel yourself, does it honestly make the pain hurt any less? For me, the answer has been no. If nothing, I’ve only been miserable that much longer due to the steeling and preparation for the bad.

    All that said, old habits die hard. May you find balance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet been able to curb my enthusiasm at any potential sign of hope. Hope is what fuels us to be able to keep going and gives the strength and stamina to believe that a positive outcome is still possible. If I didn't believe it would the pain be any less at a failed transfer? Unlikely. Which is why my mantra is to be hopeful unless told otherwise. Good luck on your upcoming cycle!

    ReplyDelete