Tuesday, November 13, 2018

17 weeks

 I know I"ve been radio silent for a while. That's the impact of the HG, plus having family staying with us full time since mid October. Sitting at a computer heightened the nausea, so I didn't do it, and I can't type worth crap on an ipad, so there was no posting. Actually, based on my typos, I guess I can't type worth crap on a computer, so just assume it's worse via iPad! :)

The great news is that everything is going well. We had our Level II/III scan at 16.6 and my cervix was 4.99!! That was so long it didn't all fit on one (zoomed in) screen! Both babies had all the anatomy parts they should. I go back at 19.3 for the Comprehensive u/s, but no one is expecting anything problematic then. Some small part of me is starting to believe we might get to raise these babies. I'll include pictures at the very bottom.

how far along? 17 weeks
how are you measuring? Our girl, A, is measuring a few days ahead, and our boy, B is a few days behind.
size of baby? Pomegranate
heartbeat? 150s
total weight gain/loss? Up 10 to 128! I won't hit the 20 by 20 that perinatology wanted, but I"m not the zero gain I was for so long. Really grateful for that. Hopefully it will help them stay put and grow!
maternity clothes? Oh yeah. The belly is real.
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep? Better now that I"m off IV fluids. I'm still doing at least 2L of water a day, but not via IV at bedtime, so I can sleep for a few hours without needing to pee. It's nice. I'm still having awful dreams, constantly.
 movement? Yep! Light tappings and kicks/headbutts to the cervix. I don't feel them all the time, and it's still easy to mistake for gas, but it's nice.
food cravings? Nope.
gender ? One boy, one girl.
what i miss? Not feeling nausea 24/7. This just sucks. I miss enjoying life.
what i'm looking forward to? A few days off with DH at Thanksgiving.
comparisons to last pregnancy? My cervix is 4.99! I was 2-3 cm dilated at 18 weeks with Quinn and pPROM'd at 17 with the twins, so this is just unbelievably stellar. I don't want to get over excited, but I'm hopeful we'll make it to viability on New Years.

For anyone interested, here are a few profile shots from the scan.The first is our daughter, the second, our son.


5 comments:

  1. I’ve been thinking about you and hoping all is well!!! So glad to see this update and hear everything is looking very good. Continuing to send good/grow thoughts and love your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - good thoughts are everything right now. I'm just glad to feel well enough to type again!

      Delete
  2. Grow babies! Keep moving and kicking!
    I've been thinking about you and glad to know all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tell them often to keep kicking, just don't kick the "exit" ! :)

      Delete
  3. Yay, great news! Love the pictures. 💕
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete