Thursday, January 31, 2019

Home Again!

Our first day in Antepartum, I told DH that my goal was to leave the hospital without memorial bears this time. We have three bears, two given to us when we delivered Alexis and Zoe, and one from Quinn. They're part of the loss program at each hospital we delivered at. Don't get me wrong, I love our bears to death, talk to them, and am grateful to have them. They remind me of our girls, in a good way. That said, I didn't want to add two more because it would mean we'd lost these babies, too.

Today we went home without any bears! Best of all, we went home with me still pregnant! No one can predict how long that will last, but everyone is hopeful we'll get a few more months of inside babies.

Thank you so much for the amazing good wishes and thoughts and prayers - I believe they helped! I'm on work from home restrictions until delivery because I do contract when I'm up and moving, but that's totally do-able! If my uterus can just stay calm for 10 more weeks, all will be well! So, so grateful!

12 comments:

  1. I’m so happy to see this update!! Stay in babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I've been telling them, too!

      Delete
  2. So glad you are back home! Take it super easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will. Any movement triggers the BH's, so I'm definitely going to be a couch potato for as long as I can stay pregnant.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy you're home! That's fantastic news about being released from antepartum.

    I have no doubt you love the bears you got, but lady I cannot think of a single sane person who would have wanted any other outcome than you going home, still pregnant. That doesn't mean that you don't love the memory bears you have for Quinn, Alexis and Zoe any more than you carrying these babies diminishes the love you have for their older sisters. Going home and gestating longer is a completely reasonable and encouraged thing. Anyone who attempts to make you think otherwise needs to have their mental health evaluated.

    Rooting for 10 more weeks without any more drama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drama free is exactly what I want. My hope is to be the most boring person I can be for another 10 weeks! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the update - it made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Such great news and am smiling to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back home and you and the babies are doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about you and hoping all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping no news is good news! Best of luck to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! I keep checking in for a new post. I hope things are well.

      Delete