Friday, May 29, 2020

IVF Round 1, Baseline

Somewhere after the consult with our RE and before my last CD1, DH told me he was solidly ready for a third child. There would be many logistics to work out to make sure things that matter to him are still possible, but having a third was worth the challenge to him. So with CD1, I called my RE's office. I got scheduled for their IVF class just over two weeks out. Took the class, then had the nurse consult where she asked if I was tracking my surge. Sure was, I said. It was yesterday, I said. Great, she said! I'll send your calendar and you'll start priming this weekend.

So there we are. I'm doing ~10 days of estrogen priming, 3 days of antagonist priming, baseline, then stims. It'll be a Gonal F, Menopur, Saizen, Dexamethasone protocol with cetrotide as the antagonist.

Baseline/suppression check was today and my AFC was 8. That's seven on the right, one on the left. Overall, I'm really happy with that, and am just pleading with them all to respond. I'm now awaiting the call to confirm the start of stims this weekend. I was relieved to hear that DH will be allowed in recovery with me after ER.

I am so grateful that I'm not going into this with the same sense of desperation I felt in all my past cycles. I am hopeful, but at peace with any outcome. Given the insurance I now have, it's in my best interest to do 3 back to back cycles. My total cost will wind up around $12k for that, which is unbelieveably amazing. If I can't get a third living child from 3 rounds, I'm ready to be done. If we get ~3 PGS normals, I'll have a pre-pregnancy lap TAC done. If not, we'll see.

Wish me and my old ovaries luck and responsiveness?

2 comments: