Friday, June 17, 2016

Reeling

The HSG went catastrophically badly. To quote my RE, "I've never seen an image like that in my career." The radiologist was also mystified.

Instead of seeing a normal uterus and two fallopian tubes, or hell, even a unicornate uterus and one tube, there was the tiniest nodule of a uterus and one tube. In other words, the HSG showed fundamentally no open uterine cavity. No uterine cavity means no pregnancy.

I had a hysteroscopy a month ago - I have the images from it and the OB who did it said everything looked great. The hysteroscopy I had to remove my first IUD back in 2012 also ended with being told I had a good looking uterus. How the fuck did I go from there to an image with no uterine cavity and only one tube? The only HSG images even remotely similar to mine are ones with tremendously severe Asherman's - and my HSG showed even less of a uterine cavity than those.

If this isn't just a fuck up in the testing, which is what I'm praying for, then I'm scared we're at game over. I'll regroup with my RE next week if I can get an appointment. Meanwhile, I'm spending the weekend  trying to remember to breathe.

I will get through this. Somehow, I will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment