Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

Am I the only one whose moods can shift on a dime?

Yesterday, I felt really good after my appointment. I had a game plan. I trust this doctor, even when her advice conflicts with something I might be willing to try, because she refers to research. Everything seemed to be going well. I dropped DH at the airport after the RE appointment and then headed home to finish up work that needed to be sent out that day. Things were looking up.


Then I pulled onto my street to find the beautiful tree in our yard blocking half the street. Not going to lie, that sight took me back down. I love our house for the many trees here. The tree in the front was beautiful. Instead of getting my work done, I scrambled, at 4:30 pm, to find a tree service to come out and remove it.

While I was making calls, the next storm moved in, with thunder, lightning and heavy rain. Thus, it should not have surprised me to get a text from DH saying his flight might be cancelled. Half an hour later, he confirmed that he wasn't heading out that night, but would be on the 4:45 am flight the next morning. Thus, I drove through the flooding to bring him home, worked until 9:00, then slept for a few hours before getting up at 3:00 to take him back to the airport.

Now, tired, cranky, stuck working from home so I can meet the tree guys, and out $1,500 for the tree work, I'm feeling vastly more down. I'm grateful to be able to work from home and afford the cost, but it's still a bummer. I guess the up(side) is that I'll have fewer leaves to rake this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment