Saturday, February 11, 2017

All Clear!

Yesterday was the saline sonogram and FemVue procedure, used to test tubal patency.  I wasn't looking forward to it, but I wouldn't proceed unless my tubes were open, so the FemVue was necessary.

During the HSG I had done to check tubal patency last June, only one open tube was visible. It also showed that my uterus was almost fully blocked. I got very sick afterward. As a result of all that, we suspected that the images of my uterus were bogus, but there wasn't necessarily a reason to suspect that the blocked tube was false. Thus, I wasn't expecting good news on Friday.

Expecting it or not, good news is what I got! Both tubes are clear, and my uterus shows no signs of scar tissue. My RE spent a long time checking out my uterus via saline ultrasound. One of the absolute best sonographers was at the helm, so I know I was in good hands. They wound up pushing saline at least four times to get all the images they needed, and while that wasn't comfortable, it wasn't anything compared to what I've been through in the last few months.

Once everyone was happy with my uterus, and by happy, I mean that the words "that doesn't look too bad" were uttered, it was time for the bubbles. That triggered a tiny bit more cramping, but it was NOTHING compared to the HSG. Honestly, it wasn't any worse than the SIS itself. Best of all, everyone could clearly see the bubbles coming out the end of both of my tubes!

We ended by taking a look at my ovaries, which my RE said were looking great. Given my 0.4 AMH, I consider that high praise. Overall report was that everything looked good. My RE was surprised by how good it looked, as was I. I am doing 5 days of doxycycline now, and then we start my next treatment cycle on CD1!

I feel hope for the first time in months. But that's actually tough, because I feel like I'm being disloyal to Zoe and Alexis for feeling hope. As if I'm devaluing them by wanting to try again. I know I"m not. I know I will always love my girls. I know that no other babies that might exist will take their places, but it's still hard.

So, here is to my beautiful girls, who will always be my first babies. And here's to hope and a glimmer of possibility that someday the vacant nursery downstairs will be filled and the wonderful quilt my mom made will become the favorite lovey of a tiny person.

No comments:

Post a Comment