Wednesday, June 12, 2019

AYFKM?!?

This has been a week of "are you effing kidding me?", but today sealed the deal. Warning, complaining ahead!

People say having kids is expensive. I hadn't quite realized the breadth of those expenses! The day we brought A home, our central heat died. In Minnesota. Two days before a snow storm.

The day we brought Tess home, our fridge died. With all my frozen breast milk inside.

After that, we looked hard at our infrastructure and decided that our decrepit washer and dryer should be replaced before they left us stranded and desperate with baby laundry. So we bought a fancy new set. Delivered Saturday before last. Would you like to guess what died yesterday? The dryer. The brand new dryer. Repair people will be out for their earliest appointment, next week. AYFKM?

Today was my hysteroscopy follow up. We did an ultrasound to check IUD placement. Result? There is STILL RPOC in my uterus AND my IUD has migrated and lodged in my cervix. AYFKM?

OB gave me four options, ranging from " do nothing and hope no infection sets in"  to "hysterectomy." Well, fuck. We're taking the middle approach of removing the IUD and doing another hysteroscopy to clear the RPOC. If this one still doesn't work, we'll talk hysterectomy.

I'm really ready for some good news. Please share your happy thoughts with me as I could certainly use them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, girl. That's a wide range of options. I hope it doesn't have to come to a hysterectomy. Let's see... good news? Well I just ate half a sleeve of Thin Mints that I discovered were in the freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete