Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Leftist

On Monday I reclaimed the left bathroom stalls at work.

Two years ago this month, while pregnant with Quinn, I walked into the bathroom, picked a stall on the left, and discovered I was bleeding. Three weeks later we said goodbye to her. I haven't been able to bring myself to use those stalls since.

Monday was my first day back after maternity leave. I walked in the bathroom, started to turn to the right, and then decided that with rainbows here, it was time to reclaim the left, so I did. Using a work potty has never felt so celebratory!

3 comments:

  1. That’s meaningful, congratulations!
    How are you and the little ones doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It felt like such an odd but good victory!

      The babies are doing great! Up to 12 pounds and smiling up a storm. They are so amazing and I just treasure every moment with them. They're growing and changing so fast!

      Delete
  2. That's a huge step, girl. <3 And I'm glad the babies are doing well!

    ReplyDelete