Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Outcomes

Because data and organization make me calm and happy, I decided to get the data from my four cycles and organize it. This is not optimized for web viewing, but I think it's interesting none the less.

Here is the outcome for every egg retrieved whose outcome I know. One of my 1PNs has no day 7 record. One egg has no record. The rest are shown below. 

The part that I find interesting is that every single fertilized egg, and even one egg that in theory didn't fertilize (0PN), reached either blast or compacting morula. This last had two non-expanded blasts (1 expansion), so they couldn't be biopsied, but three of four fertilized normally did reach blast. 

Red boxes were aneuploid. Green box is euploid. Yellow box is as-yet unknown.




So there you have it. I suspect that if we were in a position to transfer day 3 embryos, we'd have achieved a healthy pregnancy from some of these. I suspect they just don't do as well in vitro as in vivo. No way of knowing for sure, and it makes me question my decision to do IVF first, then surgery. But here we are. Hopefully round 5 adds another green block or two to the diagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment