Wednesday, November 25, 2020

You're the Best (Comparatively Speaking)

 In my ongoing effort to find a new job, another opening at my current company has surfaced. I applied and three days later was scheduled for interviews. Completed them on Monday. I applied largely because I'd rather do anything than what I'm doing now, and this is something I know I can do well. It's not the most exciting job ever, but to some extent a job is as exciting as you make it. I'm actually more excited about it after the interviews because I think there are more opportunities and more organizational willingness to pursue them than I'd originally expected.

Who knows if I'll get this job. I think I'm the only candidate right now, so comparatively speaking, I rocked the interviews! They said they'd make a decision by early next week. Our company has a unspoken rule about internal job movement that you start on day 1 of the month after you get the offer. Thus it would be to my benefit if I don't get an offer until December, because it would be helpful to finish out the year in my current role. We'll see what happens. I have pretty much given up on having any expectations about anything, so I don't expect anything positive to come of these interviews. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I hope you get it. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great change! I’m also crossing everything for you - sounds very hopeful!

    ReplyDelete