Monday, March 8, 2021

An Update on 13

 I've been silent for a while. That's compliments of yet another HG pregnancy. I had forgotten just how bad HG is until around 7 weeks, when I had that moment of stark, animal terror as I was throwing up continuously and realized I needed to take a breath but my throat was still full of vomit and there was a real possibility I'd suffocate if I tried to breathe. I had forgotten that terror from last time(s). HG is really, truly horrendous.

Despite the HG, things have gone relatively well. We did a CVS at 10w4d, with the hope of getting full results back before my scheduled abdominal cerclage at 12w4d. It was difficult that early, especially because apparently I do have a lot of bowel that was in the way (further proof that I really am full of shit!), making it very hard to find a safe spot to draw the CVS sample. Both FISH and microarray were normal, so off to Indy I went for a TAC.

The TAC wound up being more complex than expected. At pre-op, I was already dilating in the lower cervical segment. As a result, the surgeon placed both a TAC and TVC. Double whammy. They also found my bladder was adhered to both my uterus and abdominal wall with scar tissue, which had to be cleared. During the clearing, the nicked a vein. Despite all that, and despite being pregnant and puking and having to fly home, my recovery has been light years easier than my last TAC. Go figure. Maybe I really did get gluten contact before that one as I've long suspected. I'll try to do a full write up later, in case it ever helps someone else.

I'm 14 weeks now. Sore but not in agony. Scared but not terrified. Finally also nauseous, but not constantly vomiting. So, progress. I continue to hold my breath and beg the universe to keep this little one safe until a planned delivery in late August. I am still concerned about an accreta diagnosis, especially after hearing of the amount of scar tissue found during the cerclage, but that will not come until my anatomy scan in another month, so I try not to borrow worry. 

Here was the day of our CVS, working on thumb sucking. 


1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad to see this update! I’m sorry about another HG pregnancy :-( but so, so happy that 13 is nestled in and happy! I hope you have a boring spring & summer!!

    ReplyDelete