Monday, July 13, 2020

IVF Round #1.5, the end

Despite the issue with cysts, IVF round two commenced two days after trigger with an AFC at 11 and one remaining mature follicle, in addition to two corpus luteum cysts. I suspect that means another follicle was missed from the prior day's ultrasound, but there's no changing now.

Day 5 monitoring looked really promising (for me). I had a cohort of six follicles between 9.5 and 12.5, and a couple smaller ones.

Day 7 we'd dropped down to only four in a similar range. The left ovary had given up the game and the max follicle size there had dropped to 9.5 from 11.5.

Today is day 9, and I've got 5 from 12.5 to 21. It's odd, because the tech showed me the screen this morning and the screen reflected a 22 and an 23 as the leads, and an 11.5 on my left side. The u/s report they sent is smaller on all follicles.

So, I got the trigger call. Dual trigger. Tonight. Retrieval on Wednesday.

The trigger and pre-op instructions sent to me via portal were: a) for a woman with a different name (same first initial), b) for July 9, with surgery on July 11. Also, my lab results, sent via portal, were mostly for estradiol, despite being labeled as LH and P4.  I am not overwhelmed with confidence.

So, here we go. Four years ago this week, we triggered and convinced Alexis and Zoe, from 3 mature eggs. Two years (less two weeks) ago this week, we triggered and conceived A and T from 3 mature eggs. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a eupolid or two out of this crop of ~4.

Assuming no concerns from our RE, we'll jump into our next cycle immediately. I'm going to ask about MDLF, since EPP + antagonist is clearly not my thing, and this wasn't as successful a round as it could have been. Think good thoughts in our direction?

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of good thoughts! 🀞🏼🀞🏼🀞🏼

    ReplyDelete