Monday, July 27, 2020

Microblog Mondays: With Love

I always like to tell myself that our three oldest girls know that we love them, even if they're not still on earth with us. On Friday, I think I got the message back that they know, and they want us to know that they love us, too.

Of our living kids, T is not a cuddler. She's firey and independent, and absolutely amazing, but she's not a cuddler. DH and I took Friday off to 'celebrate' Quinn's 3rd birthday. We did a long bike ride on our favorite trail and visited the Arobretum. Those were things we had deeply hoped to do with our kids. We also got curbside takeout at the restaurant we've gone to to celebrate each pregnancy.

When we got home, for the hours between our arrival and T's bedtime, she would repeatedly run over to me, climb in my lap, bury her head in my should and hug me. Sometimes she'd bring her stuffed Bunny, and all three of us would just snuggle in a long hug. She's never done that before. She's never done that since. I don't think my behavior was any different, since DH and I had had a really nice day that felt like the right tribute to Quinn. Thus I don't think she picked up on something being off. Instead, I believe that Quinn was whispering in her little sister's ear, telling her that it was a tough day for Mom and Mom needed a hug. Sometimes something beautiful comes at a very unexpected moment. This was one of those times.

2 comments: