Thursday, July 2, 2020

IVF, Round #1.5

Another day, another IVF attempt.

To recap our last episode, after starting with an AFC of 8, by stim day 13 the ultrasound tech excitedly proclaimed I had one follicle. We decided to cancel the cycle. I was instructed to do several more days of Clomid, then trigger, then start testosterone and progesterone for 10 days.

CD1 arrived and I went in for my suppression check. The same excited tech wouldn't tell me my AFC and just kept repeating that someone would call me when my labs came back. I knew that wasn't a good sign.

The call informed me that I have an AFC of 12(!!), but I also have two simple cysts at 15 and 18mm. If I had to guess, I would guess the tech missed a few smaller follicles on my last u/s before cancellation, and the increased FSH caused by the Clomid matured them. Who knows. Anyhow, the plan is to trigger again on CD3, then return for monitoring on Saturday.

I can find no research on triggering to remove leads, or what that does to AFC. Nada. I know luteal phase stim cycles are becoming a thing, and that research suggests you can get as many embryos from luteal phase stim as from regular stim. I'm trying to remain hopeful. If anyone knows of any research on triggering to remove leads, and what happens after, I'd love to hear!

Also, shoutout to Progyny and VFP pharmacy. I got the call at 2 pm that I'd need to trigger the next day. I didn't have any Pregnyl on hand. If I was still with CVS Specialty, I'd be shit out of luck, because 2pm my time is after their shipping cutoff. VFP got my Pregnyl out priority overnight, so it arrived the next day (today) at 7:30 am. The prices, with insurance, are a bit insane for the Menopur, but so far the customer service has been pretty good. They also had some issues with neglecting to send me Menopur injection needles in one shipment, then sending me an extra 60 in the next. Overall, it's a MUCH better experience than CVS Specialty, and I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment