Thursday, July 16, 2020

Two Has Worked Before

At least, that's what I'm trying to tell myself now, to manage the disappointment.

Yesterday we retrieved six eggs. My doctor was extremely pleased and said she felt good about our chances.

Today embryology informed me that only three were mature, and only two fertilized.

Two years ago this week, we had 3 mature, and got T and A.

Four years ago this week, we had 3 mature, and got Alexis and Zoe.

So, two has worked for us before. But before I wasn't 40. Before those embryos were growing inside a person, not a petri dish. Before those embryos weren't going to need to pass CCS.

I'm sad. We start the next round with my CD1. I'll ask about the maturity rate and if we need to change anything.

I think my worst case scenario is actually winding up with 1 CCS normal embryo. If we have none, we're done. If we have two, I'll do the TAC. If we only have one, I don't know if I'm willing to do the TAC. That's a limbo I don't love.

Send good thoughts our way? I'll take prayers, or wishes, or just happiness if you've got any to spare. I'm not doing so well on the happiness right now.

2 comments:

  1. I am sending you every positive thought I have!! Be healthy little embies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I can't tell you how much I appreciate that right now!

      Delete