Thursday, July 23, 2020

Still There

We know, from our long history of failed pregnancies, that DH and I routinely make blasts. You can't have a chemical pregnancy if the embryo didn't survive and grow for at least 10 days. Because we had at least a chemical with almost every cycle we attempted pregnancy, we know we always had 10 day old embryos.

Despite that, with my age having increased and the setting of an IVF lab, rather than a uterus, I wasn't expecting to get any blasts from only two fertilized eggs. Color me shocked, then, that embryo one reached blast on day 6, and embryo two on day 7. The day 6 is only graded a 3BB, and the embryologist refused to give me the day 7's grade (WTF?). Given that plus my age, I know the probability of these being euploid is exceedingly low, but I'm proud of my little fighters, having held on to blast and biopsy.

We should get our PGS results a day or two before I have my baseline for my next cycle. Irrational or otherwise, I'm going to hope that at least one comes back euploid. Actually, let's be honest, I'll be hoping that both come back euploid, even if a day 7 embryo is at much higher risk of miscarriage!

Three more weeks of testosterone and estrogen priming, and we'll see if we can produce a few more blasts.

2 comments: