Friday, August 10, 2018

I'm NOT Bananas!

This is going to give you more insight into me than I should probably place on the internet, but it's worth a giggle, so why not?

Backstory: My best friend and I have had a habit of sending each other gag gifts for holidays and birthdays for years. As a result of this, I am the proud owner of an absolutely adorable, huge stuffed gorilla. I say 'huge' because: a) He's quite large and b) His packing slip and ear tag identified him as "One Huge Junglie Gorilla". Anyhow, he's really cute and I'm nuts, so it's become a family joke that he's obsessed with bananas. As a result of this, it's not uncommon for DH to return from a business trip to find the huge gorilla on a bar stool in the kitchen, staring longingly at the fruit bowl. He's cute enough you have to laugh when you see him, which seems like a good 'welcome home' to me!

Also relevant: I decided to try the whole 'pineapple core for implantation' thing this cycle. I've been doing pineapple core, frozen strawberry, coconut milk and protein powder smoothies for dinner since 5 dpo.

Today, when DH walked in the door from the airport, after taking Uber home because I'm working, he found the huge gorilla on a barstool, holding a sign that reads:

BANAN

PINEAPPLE,
FOR THE WIN!

There's a very positive pregnancy test taped to the sign, too.


Only after nine pregnancies do you start informing your spouse, via huge gorilla, that he might be a dad. I figure this beats the shit out of my recent approach of: 'So, there's a line, but it's pretty faint so don't expect anything.' Note: this line isn't faint. This line is 'I think it might be twins again' strong.

Send good juju our way? It could change at any second, but at this moment, according to three different brands of pregnancy tests and a huge gorilla, I am soundly pregnant. Until proven otherwise, I am clinging to the belief that this is the time we get our take home baby(ies).

3 comments:

  1. Sending so many good thoughts and wishes your way!
    *Crossing fingers*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Congratulations! And I'm sort of disappointed to not see a picture of the giant gorilla, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm sorry I'm late to this. I love the gorilla story too, and echo Jess's sentiments about wanting to see him.

    ReplyDelete