Tuesday, October 9, 2018

12 weeks, v3

12 weeks

I realized that this is only the third pregnancy to reach 12 weeks, so I guess this is 12 weeks, v3. The last few days have been a huge roller coaster. Sunday morning I woke up to gushing blood, clots, and cramps. I know SCHs can cause that and everything can turn out ok, but I also know that doctor after doctor blamed my pPROM on bleeding. Monday we went in for an emergency ultrasound, and both babies looked perfect. A's placenta is close to my cervix, but otherwise there was no clear reason for bleeding on the u/s, and my cervix was over 3 cm.

While I was getting dressed again, the phone rang with the NIPT results. Low risk for T21, 18 and 13. That was a huge relief. For the first time, my guess was right: one boy, one girl. I am still scared. I will be scared every day until they're here, but this was the best news we could have gotten at the time. I have feelings about having a boy this time, but if these babies live and are healthy, I'll happily take any sexes at all!

how far along? 12 weeks
how are you measuring? Both were measuring over 12 weeks during yesterday's scan.
size of baby? Lime
heartbeat?  150/152
total weight gain/loss? At 118 still, so no gain. :(
maternity clothes? Switched over to maternity leggings, since I live in leggings during the winter. My growing belly is grateful for the room. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be sold out of leggings right now, expect Target, and I am not fond of their maternity leggings. So I have 2 functional pairs of pants. Eek!
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep?  Ok.
movement? Nope, and we discovered both babies have anterior placentas, so I don't expect it until late.
food cravings? I really wanted no-spice pad thai, and DH tried to get some for me but our usual place was closed and the alternate place just gave him plain noodles (no sauce) when he said it had to be gluten free. Better safe than sorry, but still sad.
gender ? One boy, one girl.
what i miss? Life without a perhiperhal IV. Being able to eat more than a few bites of food at once.
what i'm looking forward to? NT scan Thursday.
comparisons to last pregnancy? Never had this sort of heavy bleed in past pregnancies unless something was really wrong. After the gush, I had many hours of bloody mucus, which is exactly what I had each time I used the bathroom during my hospital stay with Quinn. The similarities were really tough. So glad there was no evidence of PPROM and both babies and my cervix all look good.


3 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with taking things day by day, even when there is good news. Each day lady. Continuing to send you love, light and growing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing? I really hope no news is good news since it has been 3 weeks since you posted. Best wishes for your twin pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to post what Anne said. Hope all is well and you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete