Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Am So Incredibly Lucky

Since July 2nd, most of my thinking has been dominated by fear, pain, sadness, hope followed by the loss of hope, and more than a small dose of anger. With everything that has happened, it’s been really hard to see past those emotions, but I was reminded again today of how incredibly lucky I am in so many ways.


How do you lose three babies and still call yourself lucky? By having an amazing, amazing group of women looking out for you, that’s how. After my first loss, and the subsequent diagnoses of Asherman’s and DOR, I came across an amazing online community. I say amazing because of the women I “met” there. These are women who have been through their own hells and constantly support each other. Finding that community was one bit of luck. Getting to know and to celebrate successes of some members was another bit of luck. The fact that someone as cynical and snarky as me wasn’t immediately kicked out might be another bit of luck, but more likely it speaks to the compassion and awesomeness of those ladies.

That group, spearheaded by a woman who knows all too well the hell of a second tri loss, has stepped in again and again over the last few weeks to let DH and I know that our girls were loved. They’ve brightened our days and given us gifts to keep our minds occupied with happy things, when happy has felt distant. I truly can’t believe how lucky I am to know these ladies. I can’t even type this without crying, but I want to say to Robin and any of the TCF Family that’s reading this, thank you, from the bottom of my heart and DH’s as well. I will never be able to articulate how much your kindness means to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment