Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Quinn Hope


On July 24, around 7 in the evening, we welcomed our precious little girl, Quinn Hope, to the world. Quinn was so amazingly strong, she stayed with us for about an hour before going to join her sisters. That hour, of holding her, feeling her move in my arms, and marveling at just how wonderful she was was the most important hour of my life. The end, and saying goodbye, was the hardest. 

Here is a photo of Quinn, with a small piece of the elephant blanket I tied for her while in the hospital. We kept that piece of her blanket with her. 




Earlier this summer we went up to the Boundary Waters to scatter some of Alexis and Zoe's ashes. We stayed at a B&B called the Blue Heron - the same B&B we were at when we were first pregnant with them. As we drove home from the hospital, and came around the lake closest to our house, there was a blue heron in the water. I've never seen one in "our" lake before. It gave me peace, that Alexis and Zoe were telling us they've got Quinn and will take care of her. The next morning, while sitting in my bedroom, I heard the call of a pair of loons passing by. When we were at the B&B, we saw two pairs of loons from the dining room window, and we heard their calls repeatedly. It's really unusual to have two pairs so close together, so it was an amazing sight. Once again, hearing that call at our home, so far from Ely, gave me a clear sense that our girls wanted us to know they are together. I will hang on to that. 


I love you Quinn. I love you Alexis and Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment