Monday, November 20, 2017

Not-so Micro Blog Monday

Note: I am trying to participate in Microblog Mondays. On reflection, I don't do great with the Micro part. Does it count if this is shorter than my last few posts?


Today was my original return to work day. Hah! I guess I still have some optimism in me.

As for the rest of me - there are some "Yays!" and some "Boos!".

Yays: The incision is starting to tug/pull more, which I suspect is healing. I can roll my hips over in bed using my ab muscles. Swelling is down on the right side of my abdomen and I can even take a full breath or yawn! I am off all medications.

Boos: I have one section of colon that’s still stabby. I can breathe when on my back or on my left side, but the pain gets so severe when I'm on my right side I can’t breathe at all. The hemorrhoids are resolving but the skin around my bum is in horrible shape. Sitting, standing, moving - I am constantly aware of the pain!

Please tell me this will all be worth it some day?

Want more Microblog Mondays?  Head over to Stirrup Queens to read more!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Mel's #MicroblogMondays list. And I think this is the perfect microblog.

    Been slowing reading through your posts and your journey. I'm so sorry for all you've been through and that instead of holding your children in your arms, you're holding them in your heart. Sending you love and light as you heal from this recent surgery and from all you've lived through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that the pain is keeping you company. Here are some hugs and love and wishes for a speedy recovery.
    And yes, it will all be worth and forgotten very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -it's crazy, but sometimes I just need to hear that it's all worth it.

      Delete