Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgoodness!

It may be Thanksgiving, but as a gluten-intolerant pescatarian, I've never been much for celebrating. Instead, I'm going to celebrate Thanksgoodness!

Why, you ask?

Billed to insurance for my TAC surgery:
$4,000 for Dr. $47,664.33 for University of Chicago med center and all associated care.

Paid by my insurance for TAC surgery:
$2,600 for Dr. $26,310.72 for University of Chicago med center and all associated care.

Paid by me:
$0 - In-network Out of Pocket Max reached.

To be fair, I've spent well into the five figures this year due to having no fertility coverage and hitting my out of pocket max, but it is such a relief that this surgery isn't going to cost any more. I know a lot of insurers refuse to pay for it, so I'm super, super grateful for mine. The fact that I have STD coverage so I can afford to be out and recover is even more amazing. I am so grateful, I just have to say Thanksgoodness for my insurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment