Monday, February 25, 2019

Finally My Lines Now

Please allow me to introduce the two newest loves of my life: Tess and Aaron. She's the brunette, he's the blond.


 I started contracting again during my parents of multiples class last night. They kept getting closer, so we called and went in. At that point they were 3-6 minutes apart, and within an hour the cervical pain was constant. The decision was made to do a c-section ASAP.

Despite the fact that it was 11 pm and she was not on call, my OB came in for my c-section. Because of the concern of hemorrhage, and the challenge of cerclage removal, the on-call OB from my practice also came in. Several of the nurses were the same who were in triage for my Jan admission. Everyone was so thrilled for us.

Baby girl was born a few minutes before midnight, weighing in at 3lbs 11oz. Her brother was born a minute later, and was 3lb 7oz. They are so beautiful to me, although I've only barely seen his face. No hemorrhage and cerclage came out clearly!

Alas, I've been puking too much to go downstairs and see them. So, so sad about that.

Both babies are on CPAP, otherwise doing well. One day at a time. I'm still on heavy meds, so apologies if this makes no sense. Trying to keep from going mad waiting to see them again.

12 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Happy BIRTHday Tess and Aaron. They are beautiful. I hope you recover soon and can go visit them. Best wishes for an uneventful NICU stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy tears! Thank God your babies are here safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations 🎉!! Wonderful news! I am sending healing thoughts. They are beautiful. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! They are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Sending healing thoughts that you are well enough to be with them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so happy for you and so glad the babies made it so far inside of you! My baby was in the nicu, and the doctors and nurses were all amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - it was SO SATISFYING to see the title of this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Welcome to the world Tess and Aaron! I'm so happy for you!
    I hope your recovery goes well and they can soon come home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I am very happy to read this! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you and the babies doing? I've been checking back for an update. I hope you have recovered and are able to spend more time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! Great news! What a journey! 🙌

    ReplyDelete