Friday, December 25, 2020

Not Entirely Meaningless

 The plan was to try one round of Femara, with my next CD1, while waiting for surgery. In the interim, we enjoyed 'cheap, meaningless sex', as noted in my last post.

Approaching CD1, my temp dropped. My normal pre-CD1 headache started. But then it vanished. And CD1 didn't arrive on the day of the big temp drop, like normal. So I used a HPT on the night of 9dpo. And again on 10 dpo, and 11 and 12 dpo.

It turns out, things weren't entirely meaningless.



The lines have gotten dark enough I'm no longer convinced this will be a chemical pregnancy. Now I'm assuming it will be a blighted ovum, or a trisomy we have to TFMR. That's loss mind for you. Still, the 41 year old who got one single euploid from 27 mature eggs is apparently pregnant, the old fashioned way. Go figure.

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, amazing and so cool! Hoping it beats the odds and sticks; that is a great line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am in genuine disbelief at this point.

      Delete
  2. This is...amazing!!! I completely understand that you need to have "loss mind" but I'm going to quietly sit here and root for that little bean to be perfect and tucked in for 9-ish months! I have everything crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - sometimes the most precious thing is when someone else can hold onto hope for you because you're not ready to do so yourself. Thank you for that!

      Delete
  3. WHOA! Amazing! Sometimes things work out in the craziest of ways. I'm rooting for you and the babyling!

    ReplyDelete