Thursday, July 19, 2018

Well Past Yet

In July of 2016, I had an 11 day luteal phase. When I went in for my first ever baseline ultrasound, I had an antral follicle count of 9. I was thrilled by that, it was low, but not horrible, given my AMH.

That cycle gave us our twins.

This July, I just had the first 11 day luteal phase I've had since July of 2016! They've all been 8-10 days since. And, best of all, my antral follicle count today was 9 again! I've been as low as 4 and only as high as 7 since 2016, so I'm overwhelmingly thrilled by 9.

I got the call confirming I can start, and I've done my Menopur, Gonal-F, Saizen, and doxy, and I'll do the estrace and sildenafil at bedtime with the first prednisone alongside breakfast tomorrow.

All the nurses I talked to today told me they, and Dr. B, really want to see things work for us. Perhaps that's because during today's ultrasound, when the nurse innocently asked me what I was doing this weekend, I told her it was the anniversay of Quinn's birth and passing. Perhaps it's just because they're all sick of me asking questions and following up when things don't seem right! I hope it works for us, too, so I'm writing a letter to the universe today:

Universe, I'm asking you very nicely, could you keep this cycle looking the same as our July 2016 cycle? I'd like it to be exactly the same, right up to 16 weeks, 6 days, and then a change would be good. 

I know that's a lot to ask, but Universe, you've thrown a lot at me in these two years. I've withstood it all, but now is the time for something good. And now is the time for that good to be lasting. If you want to throw something else at me, could it please be 'the terrible twos', in another two years, nine months? 

I know the top of this page says 'not my lines yet', but Universe, I'd really like you to know that 'yet' has come and gone, and it is definitely time for my lines. It's time for my babies to come home with me, alive and healthy. Please and thank you. 

Love, Me.

5 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Universe: behave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - maybe it'll listen better to someone other than me! :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck to you! I hope your dreams come true soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you so much luck, and hoping that the Universe LISTENS and COMPLIES, for the love of all that's holy. I want for you to have those terrible twos and teething.

    ReplyDelete