Tuesday, September 25, 2018

10 weeks, v4

10 weeks

I'm going to be hopeful for once and post this, although my next appointment isn't until Thursday. I got a fetal doppler over the weekend, and while I didn't find both heartbeats this morning, I did find one. I know how hard it is to find at 10 weeks, and how retroverted my uterus is, so I'm going to assume both are ok, and try to be positive.  That's hard.

how far along? 10 weeks
how are you measuring? Both babies were exactly on target at my last scan. A measured 9 weeks 1 day with a 184 heart rate and B was 9 weeks 2 days with 187. We'll see how things look Thursday at my viability scan.
size of baby? kumquat! (Such a great word)
heartbeat?  184/187.
total weight gain/loss? Down to 117, which might be margin of error. My IV clogged today, so I'm off fluids until tomorrow when I can replace it. 
maternity clothes? Nope. Since I'm off work, I'm mostly in pajamas, but still almost no bump to speak of, only severe afternoon bloat.
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep?  Nightmares. Constant nightmares. I hate it. Up every hour or two to pee, and feel nauseous.
movement? Nope.
food cravings? No. Slightly less vomiting in the last two days. I've changed up my diet to get a bit more protein in, and so far it seems to be working. Protein waffles with PB, higher protein cereal with coconut milk, greek yogurt. I can eat a cheese omelette if someone else makes it for me, but I can't make it through cooking. Bleh.
gender predictions? I've been wrong every other time, so why not now? I'll go back to our guess with our first set of twins: one boy, one girl. Really just praying both are euploid.
what i miss? Not feeling constantly awful. Not being tethered to an IV pole. Doing anything other than Netflix and Internet on the sofa. God I miss working out.
what i'm looking forward to? Just hoping for good news on Thursday. And that the NIPT testing comes back wtih more good news. Even if it isn't diagnostic, it's helpful if it trends toward euploidy. 
how are you feeling? Awful. So, so awful. I'm fine until I eat, but after that, the gas builds up, the food doesn't move and I just want to be in a coma for a few months.
comparisons to last pregnancy? I traveled to SoCal at 10 weeks with my last pregnancy. I can't even travel off the sofa this time. My energy is as low as you'd expect, given how few calories I'm eating. I'm so nauseous. I hope that someday I'll be able to enjoy this a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. 10 weeks!!! Celebrating this milestone with you. Continuing to send GROW thoughts and hoping you are feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete