Monday, August 3, 2020

Microblog Mondays: Along Came a Spider

For the past few weeks, there's been a daddy long legs spider in our shower. Now, I'm no fan of spiders, but I try very hard to appreciate their benefits, and leave them alone as long as they leave me alone. This spider had been content to hang out (literally) in the far corner, so I left her alone.

Today she must have been feeling inquisitive, because she decided to come over for a visit while I was showering. It was at that point that I realized she was carrying a clutch of eggs. My first thought was: "I bet SHE doesn't have to use Gonal to hyper-ovulate." Followed by: "How small of a needle would be required for a spider on the injection pen?" Followed by: "Wow, it's a good thing I don't have to talk to anyone this early in the morning!"

While I'm ok with one spider in my shower, the thought of many, many baby spiders was a bit much for me. Let's just say that there is no longer a daddy long legs spider in our shower. Here's hoping I can get a fraction of as many eggs as she had!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! This made me laugh out loud. It's amazing how infertility changes your perspective towards even creepy-crawlies! I have felt jealousy toward the neighborhood deer and even skunks for having progeny where I couldn't. I love your stream of consciousness, and I don't blame you for eliminating the threat of a million tiny daddy long-legs. :) Maybe the clutch of eggs was some kind of omen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a mama deer with two little spotted fawns visit our yard most days and I always find myself feeling happy for her and a bit sad for me! It's pretty funny the places my brain goes! :)

      Delete
  2. Like you, I also try to leave spiders alone if they're not bothering me, but yeah, hundreds of baby spiders is just entirely too much. Hear you about the funny ways infertility impacts the way we think after going through all of it.

    KatherineA/Inconceivable

    ReplyDelete