Sunday, October 25, 2020

Hello There, Yet

 Two weeks ago I noted that my cycle was going amazingly well, but I was waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop. 

It's dropped. To convey my emotional journey via emoticon:

Eight retrieved! :-)

Seven mature!!! 8-)

Four fertilized. :(

One low grade, day 6 blast.  :'(

Four fertilized was only one less than the total I'd had fertilized in my last three cycles. And those cycles had produced three blasts for biopsy. Also, my lab reports a 50% blast rate. Thus I was dreaming of three blasts and realistically expecting two. In a big picture sort of way, one is certainly not that much less than two, or even three. But one isn't enough to hold onto hope, given my age. If we'd had three blasts, we'd have had a realistic hope of one euploid. With one, there's no realistic chance. To be fair, I don't actually know its grade - that's a post for another day when my blood pressure has dropped - but I don't think the refusal to share it with me bodes well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment