Friday, January 1, 2021

Repeat Beta

I had my second beta draw exactly 48 hours after the first. With the first result being 655, I figured I needed 1310 or thereabouts.

Beta #2 was 1608. 37 hour doubling time.

This was an unmedicated cycle of a 41 year old. It can't be twins, right? 

The ever amazing betabase shows the following for twins:

15 dpo: 376
16 dpo: 565
17 dpo: 835
18 dpo: 1200

For singletons:

15 dpo: 197
16 dpo: 294
17 dpo: 425
18 dpo: 616

My results:

15/16* dpo: 655

*This is possibly 16 dpo if I ovulated within 12 hours of peak LH test and tempted too early the next morning to catch the progesterone rise. I usually temp just after midnight, so that's possible. I was testing twice a day with LH strips, so I'm very certain of the surge timing. That means I can't be any later than 16 dpo.

17/18 dpo: 1608

We had two reasons for going through IVF. One, so I could do a pre-preg TAC. That's not happening. Two, so we wouldn't risk twins again. I know that given my age I should be much more worried about seeing ANY euploid baby with a heartbeat, but these numbers have me scared. 

3 comments:

  1. My RE always said that high betas only indicated a healthy pregnancy. They didn't mean there was more than one little bean growing. That said; I'd be terrified too :(

    I'm sending you all the virtual hugs and support I can ((hugs)) You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! High betas! I had high betas like that with one, so I don’t think it’s a for sure thing, as Cato said. Hoping for one super healthy bean in there. So cool!

    ReplyDelete