Saturday, April 22, 2017

8 weeks

Depending on how Wednesday's appointment goes, this may be my last one of these, but I figure it won't hurt to type, even if it is. 

how far along? 8 weeks
how are you measuring? I was spot on during the ultrasound 4/10. We'll see what's going on this coming Wednesday. 
size of baby? kidney bean
heartbeat?  116 at 6 weeks 3 days - praying we still see one and it's on target at 8 weeks 5 days
total weight gain/loss? 1 lbs, although I think it's bloat
maternity clothes? Not yet. I'm hoping I'll get to wear them again, but not ready to plan for it.
stretch marks? I've got some on my boobs from last time. I went up a cup size with the girls, and that seems to be sticking around.
sleep?  Thanks to the nausea, I'm taking B6 and half a unisom at night. That's getting me more sleep than normal. Also, this really weird thing happens to me in pregnancy where I pee LESS during the night than my normal every-2-hours. I've been told I have a titled uterus. Maybe pregnancy keeps it from pressing on my bladder?
movement? Nope.
food cravings? Nothing. Citrus and fruit flavors reduce the nausea bit. DH got me red starburst and they're awesome.
gender predictions? Boy. Completely sure this is a boy.
what i miss? Not feeling constantly awful. Seeing a correlation between dietary fiber and regularity.
what i'm looking forward to? On the baby front, I got really nervous about having my OB appointment before my next u/s with the RE, so I moved the u/s. It's Wednesday now. I'm terrified, but wll feel better once I know the outcome. If there isn't a heartbeat any longer, I can discuss management options with my OB later that day at my OB appt. On the non-baby front, only about two weeks left until I get to visit friends and family back in CA. 
how are you feeling? Unless I'm really hungry, I feel pretty awful. The retching still isn't as bad as last time, and I've only had to run for the toilet twice so far, but any time I eat, no matter what or how little, the gas and the nausea are awful. Friday morning I promised myself I wouldn't have to move at all this weekend, and I may keep that promise. Acne seems to be tapering off, but all of a sudden I've got tons of canker sores. Bleh. 
comparisons to last pregnancy? No weight loss this time, although that may be coming as I reach the point where I start avoiding meals rather than feeling awful. No need to have a bucket in my lap for my evening commute. Food aversions and super nose just started this week, which is late compared to last time. More bloated.

No comments:

Post a Comment