Saturday, April 29, 2017

9 weeks

We've made it through another milestone: 2nd ultrasound! It was pretty awesome. The kiddo has grown quite a bit, and actually wiggled at us. Seeing the heartbeat never fails to amaze me. We have a long way to go, and the farthest ahead I can think is the next milestone, but for today I am pregnant and love the little wiggler!

how far along? 9 weeks

how are you measuring? Depends on who is counting. Based on LMP, I was spot on during Wednesday's ultrasound - 8w6d. Based on ovulation, I'm one day ahead. Since I triggered and know when I ovulated, I'm confident in this, but it seems the doctors will keep the LMP date.
size of baby? table grape
heartbeat?  171 at 8 weeks 6 days! So happy about this.
total weight gain/loss? Somewhere between 1 and 2 lbs. 
maternity clothes? Nope, but I am consistently wearing my "fat" pants for comfort.
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep?  Nausea's been getting worse so I've been going to bed earlier with unisom/b6. 
movement? Nope.
food cravings? Nothing. Citrus and fruit flavors reduce the nausea bit. DH got me red starburst and they're awesome. I definitely have fewer aversions this time, and on good days I'm able to eat healthier this pregnancy than last.
gender predictions? Boy. Completely sure this is a boy. After getting a UTI at ovulation, I had to take Azoo, which makes you pee orange. Thus I'm referring to the baby as Clem (short for Clementine), for now, and have been pitching that as baby's name. Drives DH nuts! :)
what i miss? Not feeling constantly awful. At least my toilets are clean, because I've been spending more quality time up close and personal with them.
what i'm looking forward to? Waiting for the genetic counselor to call me about NIPT testing. Hopefully we can do that appointment the day I get back from my trip. IT'll be two weeks for results - and that's the next milestone I an terrified of. I want to get that over with. Why is the unknown so hard?  Also looking forward to weaning from progesterone and estrogen. Oh, to be done with smurf crotch would be a wondrous thing!
how are you feeling? Bad in the mornings, ghastly at night. It feels like nothing I eat moves during the day, so my stomach is so bloated and distended by evening, and I want to puke constantly. I started Reglan today, which should help. 
comparisons to last pregnancy? As bad as the nausea is, it must be better than last time, because last time I couldn't bear to be at a computer if I didn't have to, and this time, here I am. No weight loss this time. My thyroid function is still normal this time (1.4) as opposed to hyperthyroid last time (.2). Only had to use my puke bucket in the car once so far, as opposed to every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment