Sunday, May 21, 2017

12 weeks

Well, we got GREAT news on Thursday - NIPT testing revealed none of the common trisomies or sex chromosome issues. Also, she's a baby girl! I couldn't stop crying. I can't tell you how happy I am. That said, I'm now kind of freaking that something will be wrong at Tuesday's scan. I'm terrified that we won't see a heartbeat. I love this baby girl more than I can say, I want to see her grow up, healthy and happy, and I'm unable to believe that we'll be that lucky this time. Monday I'll be making an appointment with a counselor who specializes in stillbirth, difficult deliveries, and infertility. 

how far along? 12 weeks

how are you measuring? No new updates here, so we'll assume normal.
size of baby? tangerine
heartbeat?  We'll find out on Tuesday.
total weight gain/loss? Back to 120, so 2 pounds. I'm still throwing up every few days now I'm off the reglan. It sucks.
maternity clothes? The belly band came out this weekend, and will probably get used this week. I'm on the cusp of my fat pants being too tight, but not yet ready for maternity, especially until I know if she's ok on Tuesday.
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep?  Up every 2 hours to pee.
movement? Nope.
food cravings? Nope.
gender predictions? She's a girl!!!!
what i miss? Going out to eat and not barfing afterward. Every time we go out to eat I puke. 
what i'm looking forward to? I'm praying I'll see her heartbeat on Tuesday, and the MFM will help us with a plan to avoid pprom this time.
how are you feeling? Still awful. 
comparisons to last pregnancy? The smell aversions have come on really strong in the last week. That happened last time, but much earlier. I'm praying this ends with the end of the first tri and I can just enjoy being pregnant in the second tri - but I'll put up with anything if she's safe, healthy, and term when she arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment