Saturday, May 27, 2017

13 weeks

Baby girl looked really good at her ultrasound this past week. We saw her smacking her lips and putting her hand to her face. We go back for the anatomy scan at 19 weeks on July 7. The twins were born on the day their anatomy scan was supposed to take place, so I'm apprehensive about making it that far, but all I can do is wait and hope for the best.
The MFM we spoke to told us there was nothing we could do to prevent another pprom. If we'd pprom'd with the twins after 20 weeks, they'd give me progesterone shots this time. But we didn't, so they won't. If I'd had cervical issues, they'd do a cerclage. But I didn't. They won't even monitor my cervix because it wasn't a problem last time. I got the usual bullshit answer that bacteria from the vagina can't get into the pregnant uterus unless the water breaks. On the upside, this MFM actually spoke about research evidence, instead of platitudes and headpats. He reiterated what appears to be true from the research I've read: there's not much evidence to suggest you can make a difference in pprom prior to 20 weeks, in cases with no known cause. And I don't have the same risk factors this time: no twins, no bleeding, no CVS. So they're hopeful. As for the statistics? There's about a 25% chance of pprom in a subsequent pregnancy when a woman pprom'd in a previous pregnancy. So we have a 75% shot of making it to term. I guess that's better than our shot of getting pregnant, and we've achieved that, so there's hope, right? No matter what, Baby Girl, your mom and dad love you like crazy and want you to hang out in there and be healthy until at least November!

how far along? 13 weeks

how are you measuring? She was measuring a few days ahead at Tuesday's ultrasound. They showed 13w1d based on CRL. 
size of baby? Peapod
heartbeat?  148 bpm
total weight gain/loss? 120. 2 pounds
maternity clothes? I'm in the awkward stage where my loose clothes aren't really loose enough, but I don't have enough of a bump for maternity. Bleh. 
stretch marks? Nothing new.
sleep?  Up every 2 hours to pee. Feel miserable when I do, until about 2 am.
movement? Nope.
food cravings? Nope.
gender predictions? She's a girl!!!!
what i miss? Going out to eat and not barfing afterward. Every time we go out to eat I puke. 
what i'm looking forward to? My Dad & step mom will be here this week. I am super excited to see them. We'll be taking a long weekend to go up to the Boundary Waters, to the B&B DH and I were at when we were first pregnant with the twins. It'll be a bit of a private memorial for them, and I can't think of anything more fitting, as DH and I were so excited to make the Boundary Waters a family tradition when we were expecting them.
how are you feeling? Still awful. Less constant, completely overwhelming nausea, more retching and puking with no warning. More digestive unhappiness. 
comparisons to last pregnancy? Nothing new this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment