Monday, October 16, 2017

Nothing Much

There's nothing much going on here, which I hope is a good thing.

A quick glance in my pill bottle tells me I have 4 doxycycline left! I have no side effects or symptoms, so I'll just hope they've done their job.

Last Friday I received the order for the repeat Infectious Diseases screens for DH and I. I still think this testing is utter bullshit, since we're using TI and have been through multiple screens in the last 16 months. We pose no infection risk to anyone at the office (and shouldn't even if we were carriers, given the need to follow UP). Alas, sometimes you have to wade through bullshit to get what you want, so in I go.

It's looking like I'll get my screen and my repeat biopsy done around 10/31, which should be CD6. Of course, by having written that, I'm sure my cycle won't start as expected! I have 25 days left until surgery. I'm trying to make the most of the time - back to daily workouts and a fairly clean diet. Once my next period starts, I'll go hardcore on the clean eating. I doubt it makes a difference, but I also don't think it hurts, and I continue to want the comfort of feeling like I've done everything within my control in this utterly uncontrollable situation.

If everything goes well with surgery, I'll have to make a decision about when to start cycling. Dr. Haney told us he wanted us to have one period before going back to the RE. If my cycles stay roughly the same as they have been, that should mean CD1 falls about 10 days after surgery. If I do well, it shouldn't be a problem to start stims then. Given my age and insurance coverage, I'd much rather cycle in November, but I'm not sure what will give us the best chance or be the best for my body. I guess we'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment