Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Microblog Mondays: A Normal Cycle?

Welcome to Microblog Mondays! Want to learn more and read more? Head over to Stirrup Queens for the details!


I'm still here, on the bench, waiting for this cycle to complete so I can (hopefully) try again.

In retrospect, I think I"m glad I was forced to take this cycle off. Ovulation appears to be happening later this time - closer in time to when I was ovulating in the cycles before we conceived the twins. I'll be irrationally hopeful that the later ovulation means my body will once again respond better to the stims. Time will tell.

I'm also glad I was forced to cancel because I got "glutened" the day before my BFNQNE. Instead of my usual gluten-exposure symptoms, this time I had intense pain in my colon. It makes me wonder if some of the problems I had from surgery were actually due to getting gluten in our dinner out the night before. We were in Chicago, had to eat out, and the restaurant swore my meal was gluten-free, but the waiter didn't seem to have the greatest grasp of English. Eating gluten, and then having it get stopped in my colon due to anesthesia/surgery could explain the agony I felt, as the last week after known gluten exposure felt very similar. I finally feel better today, and it's nice!

Here's to a gluten free, pain free 2018!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, NOOOOOOO! Getting glutened is the worst! I didn't realize you were a fellow celiac. I had a real good run of not getting glutened, and then it's happened THREE TIMES in the past month or so. Once a full-on thing, and twice cross-contamination so not as severe a reaction. Getting it stuck in your colon sounds excruciatingly awful. I hate when you can't trust your food.

    I hope that this bench time goes quickly and you can get into the new cycle a bit refreshed and recovered from the gluten attack. I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete