Monday, January 29, 2018

Chugging Up the Incline

Welcome to Microblog Mondays! Want to learn more and read more? Head over to Stirrup Queens for the details!


There is no description of infertility more apt, to me, than that of the roller coaster. From one moment to the next, emotions, hopes, fears, possible outcomes can change. All it takes is one ultrasound, one phone call, one blood test, one hpt to instantly change your state of mind and your hopes for the outcome. Heck, sometimes it doesn't even take any one of those things; simply living from one moment to the next can cause the change! To be fair, I could describe each of my pregnancies the same way.


If my normal luteal phase applies, I'm less than a week out from CD1. The coaster is here, and I'm on it. We're chugging up the first hill before zipping away to the unknown. I know there will be highs and lows, but hopefully this time I can hang on long enough to get off the ride, grateful for the experience. .  .although I don't see myself as that rollercoaster rider who immediately begs to go again!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect metaphor! I hope this ride takes you where you want to go, with no loop-de-loops thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate and remember all of this well. Echoing Jess. May this ride lead to the outcome you desire

    ReplyDelete