Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mixed News

 Retreival from my microdose lupron cycle was yesterday. Follicle sizes were: 23.5, 18.5, 18, 15.5, 12, 11, 9, 8, 6.5. I fully expected to get the same 2-3 mature we always do.

We got 5 eggs, four mature and one that matured over night! I was so excited.

Alas, only 1 fertilized. One. It blows my mind that I could go from my best cycle ever, to my worst. 

We're going to exhaust my insurance coverage on one last retrieval, and I think we're going to do MDLF again. I'm also going to request that we use calcium ionophore in the culture medium, as that's been show to increase fertilization. With 2/3, 2/3, and 1/5, fertilized, I think it's what we should have been doing all along. Aside from calcium ionophore, does anyone know of any ways to improve fertilization? This was ICSI, which my clinic requires for CCS testing.

I desperately hope I can get one more euploid. I've now done 4 back to back rounds of HGH, which in theory may help with egg quality. If only those eggs can make it to blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment