Wednesday, March 1, 2017

On the Coaster

At the start of this cycle, I reminded myself that every ART cycle is a roller coaster. You get good news and are feeling good, and then you get crap news and are sure you're out. Rinse and repeat until the end of the cycle. That definitely happened last time, and I knew it would happen this time.

Last appointment: Uterus looks good, both tubes are open, ovaries look great. Great news! Thrilled and expecting good outcomes from cycle.

Today's appointment: First monitoring appointment of this cycle. Compared to last time, it's looking pretty terrible, and I could tell the nurse was disappointed. I only have one follicle in contention, compared to 6 last time. Out of 6 last time, we got 4 mature eggs and two healthy embryos. This time . . .? Let's just say I'm feeling like we're out, and it's only the 5th day of stims.

Numbers are below.

Last cycle:
AFC = 9
CD7, after 4 nights of Gonal F
Right = 11, 9, 8.5
Left = 12.5, 8, 8
LH = 8.24 miu
P4 = 2.68
E2 = 803

Today:
AFC = 4
CD6, after 4 nights of Follistim
Right 9.8
Left 6.5
LH =
P4 = 
E2 = 
Lining 5.9 mm

I increase my Follistim dose to 225 iu/night, and return on Saturday for another look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment