Saturday, March 25, 2017

Baby #6, Beta #2

Still pregnant. Our little embryo is clearly trying. Today's beta was 137.7. According to the Babymed calculator, given the 43.5 hour time lapse between the two, that's a doubling time of 42.15 hours.

Do I feel good about this? I feel ok, not great. Last time I went from 249 to 877 in roughly 24 hours. I'm clearly not doing as well this time, and my beta is still on the low side of normal, per beta-base (median hcg for 15 dpo is 194). If I'd never been through my last pregnancy, I'd probably be feeling much better about these numbers, but the comparison effect is hitting me hard, and I can't share my fears of aneuplodies or blighted ovums with these numbers.

Still, for today, I am pregnant. For today, I can assume that there's an embryo growing and trying in there. For today, I'm going to continue talking to it and telling it to be strong and healthy. For today, I'll continue with the progesterone and estrace and hope for the best.

I go in for my first ultrasound on 4/10. Here's hoping for darkening lines and no bleeding between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment