Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First Day

Today was my first day back at work. I got up at 5, got ready, and was just starting breakfast when our power went out. Really? Really. DH helped me get the garage door open, and out I went. I probably should have taken it as a sign and stayed home. Silly me.

The woman who sits directly across from me went out on maternity leave in mid-June. She told everyone she'd be back in late September, and posted a note at her desk saying the same thing. I figured that meant I'd have a few weeks to adjust to being back before she arrived and all of our coworkers were over at her desk talking about the baby and her leave and so forth. When I got in, I confirmed her note still said "late September." Apparently she changed her mind, because today was her first day back. I am so happy for her that her family is now complete, but it was a hard day to get through, and the cooing over her wonderful little boy made it harder.

I guess I shouldn't complain, though, because tomorrow is the biopsy and SIS. Physically speaking, the lowest point for me, the point when I almost gave up, was the week I had the balloon stent in place after surgery to remove scar tissue in my uterus. It was just so miserably, constantly uncomfortable. If tomorrow's SIS shows more scarring, and I need to do another week with a stent, I don't know how I'm going to get through. I'd rather do another 26 hours of labor than a week with a stent. I know that makes me a huge wuss, but it's true. Please let one thing go right and let me have avoided scarring this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment