Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Random Observations from the TWW

Mostly I’m thinking of this as the TWW until my next cycle starts, and I’m praying I don’t wind up with another chemical because of my lining. Today I finally have some breathing room: We returned the last of our guests to the airport this morning, so I finally have time to be back on a computer without someone looking over my shoulder, wondering if there are plans for dinner, asking for something, etc. It was lovely seeing everyone, but it’s lovely having our house back to ourselves, too! Obsevations from the last few weeks:


  • I’m now on Endometrin, 3 times a day, and Estrace twice a day. I think Endometrin must be the Alka-seltzer of the progesterone world. Crinone isn’t externally messy, but leaves a mess behind inside. Prometrium is a gloopy mess, especially with the Estrace. Endometrin, though, I swear I get bubbles out of my vagina for hours after using one. Also, the first time I stand up in the morning, I get an actual flood of endometrin and estrace. As someone whose periods have never been heavy enough to need “overnight” protection, I finally have a perosnal appreciation for why you’d need a bigger night-time pad than what you use during the day!
  • Despite the fact that we agreed to a ‘no gifts’ policy years ago, MIL brought a cold and gave it to me. Fun. 
  • If you’ve ever wondered if a Nissan Leaf (electric vehicle) can do an 18 mile round trip with the heat running in -5F temps when the gauge says “29 miles remaining,” let me assure you, it can’t. If you’ve ever wondered how far our house is from the airport? 18 miles, round trip. I know DH likes the car and I’m happy for him, but I’m really starting to hate it. Its range is too short for me to use for my commute without recharging at work. DH works from home. Why do we have a car that the person who commutes can’t commute in? 
  • Two years ago, DH bought a remote control helicopter to play with while family visited. It broke, and two years later, it is STILL on the floor under the console table. Last year DH’s brother brought a robot to play with, and forgot it here. Rather than mailing it back, DH left it on top of our console table all year. This year, DH bought a massive 3d printer from China. It, the packaging, the table with the computer, and so forth are taking up about half of our living room. I have initiated negotiations for the peaceful withdrawal of the printer from the family room, as its continued presence there for more than a month or two will NOT end well. For it or for DH!


Wishing everyone happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment