Thursday, December 14, 2017

Monitoring #1

Yesterday was my first monitoring appointment. It's sadly clear that the response I had during my first cycle during 2016 was the anomaly. I have hope, in that this cycle is somewhat better than the last one. That said, I'm on much higher doses of meds. Despite that, my lining isn't doing much compared to past cycles and my E2 is staying low, even with more follicles. As always, that's worrisome.

After 4 nights of 75IU of Menopur in the morning, 225 iU of Follistim in the evening, and 2 mg of Estrace twice a day, I have two follicles in the running.

For comparison sake, here are my numbers from all my cycles. The 2016 and Feb 2017 cycles were after 4 nights of 150 iU of Follistim.

             2016         |   Feb 2017  |     Dec 2017
R:        11, 9, 8.5   |     6.5          |     12, 10.5
L:        12.5, 8, 8   |     9.8          |     5, 3.5
E2:      803            |       ?           |     188
P4:      2.68           |       ?           |      < 0.5
LH:     8.25           |       ?           |     3.38
Lining:  6.9 triple | 5.9 triple    |     4 uniform

I go back on Saturday morning to see how things are going. The nurse asked if we're doing TI or IUI, so I asked her to confirm if Dr. B thinks IUI is necessary post-TAC. It shouldn't be, but it won't hurt to ask.

Also, the person at CVS Specialty who decided to provide push-fit syringes deserves a smack upside the head. Maybe it's just me, but getting the q-cap for the Menopur transferred from the liquid to the powder without spilling everywhere is a pain. Same goes double for getting the protective cap off the needle when the needle won't stay on the syringe. I haven't stabbed myself or spilled my meds yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

2 comments:

  1. It’s hard not to compare cycles, especially when the news isn’t what you were hoping for. But it’s early and I’ll be sending good thoughts your way.

    And yes to the smack. It amazes me that most pharmacy techs are arguementatively clueless on this stuff. I would go back and get the syringes you need. If they argue, offer to do a demonstration (we did this to show them their med bottles weren’t actually child-proof, which was highly entertaining for all watching).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that you showed your pharmacy the problems with their child-proof bottles! Makes my day thinking of that. Alas, mine is mail order only, and this is the least annoying of the BS they've tried. I will ask for different syringes with my next order, thought.

      Delete