Monday, December 11, 2017

Making Things Harder, 1 Fax at a Time!

Remember how I changed my flights so I would be back in MN in time for baseline ultrasound assuming I had a 9 day luteal phase?

Well, that didn't work.

AF showed up at 8 DPO. A day too early for my new flights. So I scrambled and with thanks to a great nurse, was able to get monitoring done in SoCal on Friday. Of course, for some reason the faxed order never reached the SoCal clinic, so I arrived for my appointment, then had to scramble to get my RE's office on the phone to re-fax the order.

Next problem: my meds were in a fridge back in Minnesota. I would need to use them Saturday and Sunday, but wouldn't be in Minnesota until Monday. I tried to get next-day delivery from an online pharmacy on Friday, but the faxed prescription never reached the pharmacy. Anyone see a trend here? Thanks to the time difference and an early day, my RE's office closed before I could ask them to try again. Thus, I spent Saturday driving two hours to Encino with copies of my prescriptions, just so I could pick up two days' worth of meds.

Important reminder to myself: Always, always have them fax the prescriptions to you. That way if the pharmacy doesn't get them, you have control and can re-send.

Anyhow, the final chapter to this particular mess goes like this: on Saturday, when the nurse called to confirm I was ok to start meds, I asked when my first monitoring appointment should be. She said Monday, which seemed early, so I asked. She confirmed Monday, and got me scheduled. We got home around 12:30 am today. I just wanted to sleep, but I set my alarm, got myself dressed and was ready to head out the door when my phone rang. It was another nurse at the clinic who had seen my name on the schedule and was calling to reschedule me because it's too bloody early for a first scan. GAH!

I go back on Wednesday. Until then Estrace twice a day, 1 vial of Menopur in the morning, and 225iu of Follistim at night.

1 comment:

  1. Two schools of thought. First is when it rains, it pours. But the second is that you want all the bad stuff on a wedding day because it signals a long, lasting marriage. In short, maybe all the chaos is a good sign? My fingers are crossed for you this cycle.

    ReplyDelete