Saturday, February 3, 2018

CVS Caremark, You Never Change. Please Reconsider!

New cycle, new meds order. Thanks to a bit of a meds debacle at year end, I have everything except Pregnyl. I had asked my clinic to refill all my current meds, but with a full-cycle dosage, instead of half-cycle. Knowing how hard it is to get meds, there's no point in only ordering a half cycle's worth, the other half wouldn't arrive in time and I'd be screwed.

I asked my clinic to send ME the prescriptions so that I could fax them to the pharmacy and manage things. Instead, I got a phone call from a pharmacy that I don't use, telling me they had questions about my prescriptions. After calling the clinic and asking that things be faxed to me, again, the prescriptions showed up. I could understand why the pharmacy had questions, since there were two different prescriptions for Follistim (at different dosages), and the Estrace that said to take both two and three times a day.

Aside from those problems, the stack of prescriptions also included Ovidrel. My last two cycles, Pregnyl was ordered for me. My first cycle, Ovidrel was ordered, then I was told to use Pregnyl on the day of trigger. So, I pushed back. Said I thought I should be on Pregnyl, not Ovidrel. Was told that my order said "Ovidrel." I asked if my order had been changed, since the last two cycles, they ordered Pregnyl for me. Instead of answering that question, they told me "they both do the same thing." That's not what I asked!!!

At my forced regroup appointment, I asked about trigger. Dr. B said it was fine to use Ovidrel since I'm petite, but Pregnyl had clearly worked in the past, so she'd order that if I wanted. I walked away with the order and agreed with the nurse that I'd have the pharmacy call them to request a refill, to avoid any confusion. Hah!

Dearest, darling CVS Caremark called to request the refill and told me they'd call me back when it came through. Apparently it came through on the 27th, but they never called. I called them yesterday, gave them my payment info, confirmed a shipping date and address, and thought I was set.

Around 11:30, my phone rang. It was CVS Caremark auto dialing me because I "needed to verify payment and shipping information for your prescription." Their auto dailer then put me into hold for 10 minutes to wait for a rep. The rep looked at my order, said I had everything, and told me to disregard.

At 11:59, my phone rang again. It was . . . . wait for it. . . CVS Caremark auto dialing me because I "needed to verify payment and shipping information for your prescription." After another 7 minutes on hold, we repeated the conversation, only I told them I expected NOT to get another call.

At 12:15, my phone rang. You'll never guess who! Same bloody message.

At least they're consistent. You always know what you're going to get, even if it's what you don't want!

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating!! I’m so sorry that one too of everything else you also have to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete