Monday, February 5, 2018

Microblog Mondays: New Day, Same Old BS

Welcome to Microblog Mondays! Want to learn more and read more? Head over to Stirrup Queens for the details!



Last week CVS Caremark assured me that I wouldn't get any more auto dialed calls. They warned me that it had been disabled in the system, so even if they were needed calls, like refill reminders, I wouldn't get them.

Guess who left not just one, but TWO messages for me today?

How can any organization be this incompetent and not go bankrupt?

I ought to find another pharmacy, but thanks to another screw-up, this one in my favor, if I buy through them, I pay everything, but it counts toward my OOP max. For Pregnyl, the cost is the same as most other US pharmacies. Gonal-F is now also about the same as most other pharmacies. Menopur, though? If I re-order my Menopur through them, it will cost about $3,500 for 20 vials. That compares to roughly $1,750 everywhere else. So not only are they incompetent, but they're double the price of everyone else (and were double the price on Follistim last year, too). Why does my employer stick with them as our only Rx choice?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sadness. I hate CVS for their photo department...they called me every month for four months to tell me I had to pick up prints that I'd ALREADY PICKED UP, and they just somehow kept printing them and calling me with the automated thingie. You would think with prescriptions they'd be better... :( I'm so sorry. And expensive? Is it cheaper to go out of pocket, or do you have to keep going towards your max so you can use the benefit? Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy was pretty cheap for me when I ordered meds, and none of mine were covered for IVF (although they were for IUI). Of course cheap is relative, the fact that these medications are thousands of dollars makes me mad and sad, too. Can you complain to your HR department about CVS's crappy service in hopes of a change?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy - how sad that their photo people aren't any better than their pharmacy people!

      I actually am part of HR, so I know the person who runs Benefits. In 2016, I sent him a fairly detailed note complimenting our health insurance provider, but articulating a laundry list of errors from CVS. No change has come. It's sad knowing what this is costing our company and employees who have to deal with it!

      Delete
  2. I agree about CVS – way too many robo-calls/texts!!! We were really happy with Target Pharmacy then CVS bought them out. It's been annoyingness ever since. We only stick with them, because the pharmacists (from pre-buyout days) are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should call your insurance company and tell them about the price difference. I bet you good money they are unaware and use CVS out of habit.

    Regardless, how annoying!!! Too bad there’s not a way to RoboCall the CEO and CFO of CVS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the thought of endlessly robocalling the C-suite of CVS. Thank you, that's brought a smile to my day! :)

      Delete
  4. How can any organization be this incompetent and not go bankrupt? - - because mediocrity rules the roost these days.

    And CVS is a mediocre as they come. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete