Wednesday, July 6, 2016

First Time for Everything

Due to my short luteal phase, I've been taking crinone this cycle. It can delay your period, so my OB instructed me to take a hpt at 14 dpo, and if negative, stop the crinone. Thus, I tested this weekend.

I know many women who struggle with infertility, and who talk about how much it sucks to see only one pink line, time and time again. Then they talk about how different it is to finally see two lines on a pregnancy test. I love hearing about that.

In my case, I'm a little bit backward. In the last eight months, I've never gotten a pregnancy test with only one line. I've peed on several dozen tests, mostly Wondfos, and each time I've seen two lines. Sometimes the lines have been faint. Sometimes, they've been present, even when I didn't want them, like in the weeks after my first loss and the d&c that followed. But wanted or not, I've always seen two lines on the test. Until this weekend. This weekend there was only one line, and it was weird. I was 100% sure I wasn't pregnant, since I had none of the symptoms from the last three pregnancies, but it was still weird only seeing one line.

AF arrived Monday, right on time. TodayI go in for my baseline ultrasound, doppler to check for bloodflow, and initial bloodwork. If all goes well, I start medications in another day. I'm praying that the next time I test, I once again see two lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment