Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Overprepared

I realized this weekend that if this cycle wasn't successful, I'm likely to start my period on Thursday or Friday. Overall, that's fine, however my delightful insurance requires me to get pre-authorization and use their mail order pharmacy. That means that if I need to start taking a different medication on CD3, which will be Sunday, I need to get it ordered and paid for now, before I even know if this cycle will work or not. Thus, if my cycle is successful, my insurance and I will have paid for medications I don't need - because they're unwilling to allow me to use the local pharmacies. Yet another irrational business decision. Perhaps they hope that I would not think through this, and would have to pay out of pocket locally, as happened with my trigger shot?

All of that means I reached out to my RE's office today to ask about any changes to medications for the next cycle. We'll see if there are any ideas on my progesterone level.

In other news, I understand that hcg is necessary to trigger the maturation and ovulation of eggs during ovarian stimulation. That said, it is such a mind game to have all the symptoms of pregnancy, but no ability to discern what might be from an actual growing embryo versus what's from the shot and medication. I am relatively calm and collected waiting for Friday, but the trigger-shot symptoms are just the pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment