Monday, July 11, 2016

What a Difference Drugs Make!

The last few days have been interesting. I've had a quasi-vacation to Colorado to cheer my husband on in a bike race. While there, my RE called to say that my inversion isn't likely to cause any problems, and we should proceed with the injections and pills.

So we did.

Thursday was CD3, and the first day of Gonal F and estrace. The estrace is twice a day, the Gonal F is 150iU. I've read people saying that the shots aren't painful, and I agree. It really isn't. The only time that was unpleasant was when I had to give myself an injection in the back of my Dad's minivan as we drove back to our rental condo after DH finished his event. A bouncing van, plus trying to be discrete since my step mother's sister and her husband were also there, does not lead to a comfortable shot!

Anyhow, today was my first monitoring appointment. Overall, it went well.

Follicle sizes were as follows:
Left: 12, 9, 8
Right: 11, 8.5, 8

Lining was 6.9 mm with triple stripe pattern! That's a win, since my lining is the area we know is problematic. The nurse described it as "beautiful" this time, which is a first for me.

E2 is 803, P4 is 2.7, and LH is 8.2. I'm a bit worried about how high P4 and LH are, since my RE wants me to continue with shots for another three days and return for a new ultrasound on Thursday. Cross your fingers for me that I don't ovulate before then?

No comments:

Post a Comment